Motion Graphics Animation – Animating Cartoon Emotions
Telling a quick emotional story through animation can be very impactful and engaging for your viewers. In this video, I show you how you can create a quick video by taking a few cartoon moody face SVG images, adding a few splashes of color, a few animation effects (using Easy Animator Pro), a simple story voiceover with music, and produce an impactful and engaging video!
Easy Animator Pro now comes as a bonus inside the member's area for the product called Easy Video Lab. You now get two products in one! Here's the link:
Easy Video Lab - https://gordisman.com/go/easy-video-lab/
[FREE EBOOK: Better Videos From Home !
This video integrates a variety of techniques:
- Storytelling, emotional expression through cartoon character images, applying color to enhance mood; special FX, varying music to set the tone, voice over, and kinetic text.
00:00 – Intro
00:34 – Animated emotional cartoon video (approximately 50 seconds)
01:33 – DIY video creation project explained
03:22 – SVG base image selection; additional cartoon images created; scope of expression and use of color with emotional expression
07:18 – Scrub run through video editor seeing images transform from one into another showing emotional progression
09:03 – Animations (IN, PAUSE and OUT where applicable) created inside Easy Animator Pro – walkthrough creation in EAP and then integration into the video timeline
15:51 – Text animations; additional overlay alpha channel special effects; sound effects
18:48 – Wrap up
What you will learn:
Adjusting cartoon facial expressions through animated special effects in Easy Animator Pro to enhance emotional impact
Varying intensity of PAUSE animation effect; playing with animation DURATION
Changing position of face feature in a few images. (e.g. smile to frown – flip expression in 2nd image)
Blending from one expression to another matches storytelling voice execution
Changed color of images to enhance emotional impact as well - Purple rage, red anger, and white for calm.
Blending or fading in/out of colors
Additional details in project:
Searched out free SVG images on Vecteezy.com to match storyboard idea:
- 4 SVG static images used.
- Created a few variations of each image by colour.
- Create one image that was a modification of one of the stock images, to create an expression enhancement I desired.
EAP image animations:
- Used IN/OUT animation effects for starting clip and ending clip.
- Used PAUSE animations for the rest of the entire video.
- Used Text animations for story emphasis. Multiple texts combined on-screen with animation. Text animations not done in conjunction with the image animation – more flexibility.
Video editor edits:
- Mostly FADE transitions; a few GLOW transitions
Alpha Channel 3rd Party Special Effects:
Added explosion effect.
www.inkscapge.org – Inkscape – image editor (using for SVG images)
www.techsmith.com – Camtasia Studio 8.0 – video editor
www.vecteezy.com – Vector graphic images (e.g. cartoon images)
LEARN. APPLY. TRANSFORM.
Learn something new.
Apply what you learn.
Transform your business!
Thanks for watching and I will see you in the next video!
My channel focuses on teaching video creator skills, video marketing skills and inspiration.
Subscribe on Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/GordIsman?sub_confirmation=1