Episode 42: Happy Holidays Everyone!
Friday, December 22nd, 2017
Welcome to Old and New Viewers
We are coming to you from Vancouver, BC Canada
Come visit us next time you are in town! :)
Please leave comments and questions here on the Ravelry thread.
Kelsey - fiddlebach & KZipKnits on both Ravelry and Instagram
Sara - wenchlette on both Ravelry and Instagram
Glenda - Glenda on Ravelry, glendamcdonald on Instagram
Wet Coast Wools - WetCoastWools on all the things
FOs (Finished Objects)
Glenda: Wearing - Dasher, by Anne Kingstone, made with a double strand of Holst Garn Supersoft & Penny’s Santa Hat by Martina Gardner
- Tiny Santa - modified the Tiny Gnome pattern from Teeny Tiny Mochimochi, by Anna Hrachovec
- Olly the Elf - Pattern Kit from Let’s Knit Magazine, given to me by a friend. I will make Ivy, the girl elf, sometime soon.
- Doll for a new baby. Pattern is Scrappy Doll by f.pea. Made with Patons Classic Wool in Natural Heather and Aran and Cascade 220 Heathers in Brown Heather and Pale Blue Heather. The Soxxy Dress is made with Patons Kroy Sock in Meadow Stripes
Kelsey: Wearing - Santa’s Ho-Ho-hat by Jacquelynn Vance-Kuss knit in Custom Woolen Mills Mulespun 2-ply.
- Gingerbread house (undecorated) by Frankie Brown - the house is done! It’s just not decorated yet. Apparently trying to knit for the husband took priority this holiday season….
Sara: Wearing - Rainbow Woodland Shawl in Kauni Effektgarn EQ
- Timber Trail hat from last episode!
WIPS (Works in Progress)
- Vanilla Socks in “Spring Leaf” Colourway of Patons Kroy Sock. Afterthought heel, 2.75mm needles with 64 stitches. The struggle has been trying to knit these this last week before Christmas without my husband finding out. He’s off work right now so I don’t get my usual hour of solitude in the mornings before starting work.
Raglan Sleeved Henley by Bruce Weinstein - Eco Peruvian Tones in Dark Sapphire colourway. Had to undo a large portion and re-work how the underarms fit my husband but finally he seems happy with how it feels.
- Another Flax Light by Tin Can Knits! This time in hand dyed Smith & Ewe Maryanne’s Sock, colourway is Mystic Topaz.
- Aiden sweater for #mrwetcoastwools (shhh! It’s a secret!). I’m only going to finish the body before Christmas so he can try it on before I do the slipped stitch pattern part
KAL Updates - Our sweater KAL ends on December 31st, so you have a few more days to finish a sweater and post it in the Ravelry Group. Winners will be drawn after the New Year, and announced on the next podcast
NEW KAL for 2018!
First one will be the #FixFrogFinish2018 KAL, it will run until the end of June 2018. Dig out all your FOs and decide whether you are going to finish them, or frog them and re-purpose the yarn. This is also your chance to fix things that are already finished - either in terms of darning or pulling out and re-knitting something. There will be two threads for this KAL. In the Main thread, create one thread in which you list all the projects you plan to deal with. As you fix, frog, or finish each thing, go back and update the original post to say what you did with it. In the Discussion thread, you can discuss specific projects in detail - ask for suggestions, talk about what you did/didn’t like about your UFOs, whatever you like. Prizes will be awarded in July based on the number of projects that you fix, finish, or frog (not yet sure exactly what the criteria will be).
Holiday Hours: We are closed December 24th, 25th, 26th, then back to our regular hours. Closed on January 1st.
Our Boxing Week Sale begins online on the 26th and in-store on the 27th. If you are local, remember you can do the Store Pick Up option so you don’t miss out on anything.
- Relentless Knitting Company (Audio Podcast)
- Coffee and Craft Podcast with Bernadette
- KnitLib - hi Suzen!!
- Babbles Travelling Yarns Podcast