First impressions are lasting, and the best chance to make a good first impression is through your door. That’s why you need solid wooden windows and hardwood doors that will easily last a lifetime, and look just as good when your home is in the hands of your next generation. In short, you need Schnauber products made from the most carefully selected timbers.
Speaking about the next generation, you also need to ensure that your zest for a good-looking and durable home doesn’t harm the environment. At Schnauber, all our timber windows and doors are made using timber sourced from managed, renewable forests and plantations. The wood used is entirely recyclable, which means that it reused for different purposes until such time as it is 100% recycled into wood pellets or burnt for fuel.
The installation is done in a manner that makes your home energy efficient, conserving heat and minimizing your energy usage. If you’re ready to look at your choices, there are a whole range of wooden windows made in different styles and looks that can be installed in your home as per your specifications.
Types of Wooden Windows
1. Tilt and Turn Windows: These are the windows of choice in Europe, designed to open inwards and made to tilt inwards. These are just as fashionable as they are functional. The quality hardwoods used are rock solid with attractive grain patterns, and will last for generations. These wooden windows and hardwood doors have a high airtightness rating that maximizes heat retention within your property. The eco-friendly building material used absorbs carbon dioxide from the atmosphere, further contributing to your green lifestyle and reducing the impact of climate change and global warming in your region.
Tilt and Turn windows don’t need any maintenance because water-resistant sealants protect the wood from the elements. You only need to look at giving it a polish once in 5-10 years. It’s also a highly safe design with security features that protect your home from break-ins.
2. Sash Windows: This was the most common style in England seen commonly in the Victorian and Georgian era. It’s still quite popular, and the natural look matches well we combine the traditional aesthetic and design with modern building technology and features that make it an incomparable option among all the currently available wooden and timber windows.
This includes the latest locking mechanisms and security features, along with construction processes and water sealants that preserve the windows for decades without any decay or warping. The high-thermal conditioning maximizes the insulation properties of timber, resulting in the reduction of energy usage in your home due to enhanced preservation of heat within the home.
3. Timber Casement Windows: Our timber casement windows are made to match as per your specifications. They can be installed in the traditional manner or with a modern slant. The rustic traditional look will add style and value to your property, and these timber windows have a highly attractive grain pattern to boot.
They’re also extremely environmentally-friendly, and that’s not just because the timber comes from sustainably managed forests and is made using a carbon neutral process. The fact is that these are the most environmentally friendly windows because they allow in large amounts of natural light into your home, brightening up your day and eliminating the need to waste electricity on lights.
4. Passive Timber Windows: This is a new standard for energy efficiency in building construction. Passive timber windows are designed and made to meet the standards of this certification. The triple-glazed windows keep your home air-tight and preserve heat within much more effectively. The reduced energy usage and heating bills are desirable enough, but the windows also offer a striking aesthetic that can add a touch of style and charm to any home or building.
5. Aluminium-clad Timber Windows – This aluminium jacketed windows are much more durable than your typical timber and wooden windows. The metal makes the windows virtually indestructible and impervious to long-term weather exposure. In addition to durability, these windows also make your home energy efficient by preserving heat and reducing energy usage for heating.
The best part is that aluminium-clad windows can be built in any style of wooden window. This means it can be a casement, tilt and turn, sash, or Passive certified windows.
Whatever your preference in terms of style of type of wooden windows and doors, Schnauber products are always one of a kind, designed to perfection using the latest CAD program, and then crafted lovingly by a team of talented artists and craftsmen.
We want to make the perfect timber windows and doors for your home, in order to make it more beautiful than it ever was, and keep it looking perfectly new and safe for decades to come.