Join us for this travel guide to Glasgow, Scotland as we highlight 20 of the best things to do in Glasgow including visiting distilleries, trendy restaurants, hopping pubs, fascinating museums and more attractions.
This is our second time visiting Glasgow, UK and our city guide is a combination of footage from our visit this year and last year. Glasgow has a thriving food scene (both Scottish food and International) and we give you a thorough food tour as we bite our way around the city.
In terms of major attractions Glasgow (Glaschu) doesn't have many iconic places to visit as nearby Edinburgh; however, I feel one of the advantages it has over Edinburgh is that the city is more spread out and each neighborhood has a distinct character.
One of our favorite places to visit was the University of Glasgow which has a campus that would make Harry Potter proud. Whether we were visiting breweries or distilleries or having seafood for lunch or dinner we found no shortage of things to do in Glasgow, Scotland.
Now let's explore Glasgow (Glesga) together!
20 Things to do in Glasgow City Tour | Scotland Travel Guide:
Intro to Glasgow, Scotland - 00:01
1) Kelvingrove Art Gallery and Museum - 00:29
2) University of Glasgow campus tour - 01:34
3) Drygate Craft Beer Brewery 'through the glass tour' - 02:11
4) Drygate Bar & Kitchen for Scottish pub food for lunch - 03:00
5) Barras Art and Design for Scottish seafood lunch at A’Chailltain - 03:50
6) Tour the Glasgow Distillery Co for Makar Gin on the southside - 05:06
7) Drinks at The Drugstore Social bar on Finnieston, Glasgow - 05:56
8) Gin, martinis and oysters at The Finnieston - 07:11
9) Aged steak at Porter & Rye restaurant in Glasgow - 07:43
10) Cafe Gandolfi for breakfast in Glasgow, Scotland - 08:53
11) Glasgow Botanic Gardens - 09:07
12) Buchanan Street for shopping in Glasgow - 09:27
13) The Willow Tea Rooms for afternoon tea in Glasgow - 09:39
14) Visiting Hairy Coos in the Southside - 09:47
15) House for an Art Lover in Bellahouston Park - 10:15
16) Glasgow Cathedral (High Kirk of Glasgow) - 10:22
17) Necropolis Victorian Cemetery - 10:26
18) Glasgow Green for recreation and leisure - 10:36
19) People's Palace and Winter Gardens - 10:41
20) The Crafty Pig restaurant in Glasgow for pulled pork sandwiches and milkshakes - 10:45
Outro to Glasgow, Scotland - 11:48
GEAR WE USE
Olympus OM-D E-M5 II: http://amzn.to/1OchS7t
Canon G7X: http://amzn.to/1YdjsYX
Olympus 14-150mm II Lens: http://amzn.to/1Y79zeM
Rode Video Mic GO: http://amzn.to/1WDKtVM
Joby Gorilla Pod: http://amzn.to/1PgoY5F
SanDisk 16GB Extreme Pro: http://amzn.to/25KEErs
SOCIAL MEDIA & TRAVEL BLOGS
Our visit Glasgow travel guide documentary covers some of the top attractions including a food guide (Scottish and International), top sightseeing tourist attractions and the city by day including visiting distilleries, breweries, churches and museums and Glasgow by night for pubs and entertainment. We also cover off-the-beaten-path outdoor activities you won't find in a typical Glasgow tourism brochure, Glasgow itinerary or Glasgow, Scotland city tour.
20 Things to do in Glasgow, Scotland travel guide video transcript:
In today’s video we’re going to be showing you around Glasgow, Scotland. This is a city that we visited last autumn and then again this summer, and on both visits, we ate like kings and queens because it turns out, Glasgow is a great destination for foodies.
Since we never got around to making a travel guide on our first visit, today we’re going to be combining the footage from both of those trips to show you some of the best things to do in Glasgow and also some of the best places to eat and drink it. So let’s get started!
And that’s a wrap for our visit to Glasgow, Scotland. We loved our two visits and we’d gladly return for a 3rd. This is an amazing city for foodies and there are so many great bars, restaurants, breweries, and distilleries to visit.
Also FYI - if you’re already visiting Edinburgh, Glasgow is just a short 50-minute train ride away, and it’s a city with its own unique vibe.
If there are any other fun things to do in Glasgow that you’d like to share with travellers, feel free to leave your suggestions in the comments below. Wishing you happy travels!
This is part of our Travel in Scotland video series showcasing Scottish food, Scottish culture and Scottish cuisine.
We cooperated with Visit Scotland for part of this project.
Music by Ehrling: https://soundcloud.com/ehrling